EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)- The Effingham Board of Education met on November 19th for a Board of Education meeting.
During the meeting, the Board went into Closed Session.
After closed session, the Board approved an employee list.
The employee list included the following:
- Kendra Bierman as a Paraprofessional
- Rebecca Mcintire as a Teacher, effective December 31, 2018
Leave of Absence
- Leah Colclasure- FMLA
The Board then announced Student Teachers for the 2nd Semester.
- Leah Schrock will be student teaching with 4th Grade-Kelly Anderson at Central School
- Lynae Jansen will be student teaching with Kindergarten and 1st Grade-Angie Moeller/Abra Woomer at ELC/South Side
- Gabriella Durbin will be student teaching with Social Studies-Jim Hammer/Sarah Wyckoff at EHS
The following fundraisers will also be held:
- Mustang Outreach will be selling cookie grams to be delivered to students from December 10-21. The funds raised will support local cancer patients with Fear Nothing.
- EJHS Family and Consumer Science will be selling Friendship Match with Students to support the FACS Program from January 7-February 15th.
- EHS Drama Club will be hosting a Disney Princess Christmas Party and Play on December 8th to enrich the young audience members and sustain the theatre program.
- EJHS Student Council will be selling 8th grade shirts from November 14-30th to raise funds for club expenses.
The Effingham Board of Education met in the Effingham Board of Education Office located on South Banker Street.