Effingham County Jail
October 25, 2017
- 22 year old, Melissa S Westjohn, of Sigel was arrested by the Teutopolis Police Department for driving while license is revoked. Westjohn posted $150.
Effingham Police Department
October 19, 2017
- At 6:32pm at 2021 W National, a vehicle driven by 41 year old, Steven L Hurst, of Effingham struck a deer. No injuries or citations were reported.
October 23, 2017
- At 3:39pm at the intersection of Fayette and Henrietta, a vehicle driven by 17 year old, Jada M Suckow, of Altamont struck a vehicle driven by 37 year old, Chaleana M Norton, of Sullivan. Norton and two passengers in Norton’s vehicle, a six year old and an eleven year old, sustained injuries. The six year old was taken to HSHS St Anthony’s Memorial Hospital for treatment. No citations were reported.
October 24, 2017
- At 6:58am at the intersection of Fayette and Maple, a vehicle driven by 18 year old, Collin H Funneman, of Teutopolis turned in front of and was struck by a vehicle driven by 62 year old, Nancy E Haslett, of St Elmo. Haslett sustained injuries and was taken to HSHS St Anthony’s Memorial Hospital for treatment. No citations were reported.
October 25, 2017
- At 8:38am at the intersection of Merchant and Virginia, a vehicle driven by 19 year old, Cecelia M Walls, of Effingham struck a vehicle driven by 38 year old, Tonia M Harris, of Edgewood. No injuries were reported. Walls was ticketed for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and Harris was ticketed for operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- At 5:47pm at 1204 Avenue of Mid America, an unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle owned by Justin R Allen, of Mattoon. No injuries and no citations were reported at this time.
- At 8:03pm at 1509 Hampton, a vehicle driven by 23 year old, Deonjai D Flowers, of Minneapolis, Minnesota struck and damaged the Best Western Delta Inn building awning. No injuries or citations were reported.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.