Effingham County Jail
May 25, 2017
- 24 year old, Matthew J. Hubbart, of Vandalia was arrested by the Altamont Police Department for possession of Methamphetamine and possession of a hypodermic syringe. Hubbart was given a $10,000 ror and was released.
- 27 year old, Megan E. Treat, of Dieterich was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for contempt of court for a failed drug test on the original charge of possession of Methamphetamine.
- 19 year old, Armani A. Martin, of Effingham was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for domestic battery.
- 26 year old, Steven D. Piniazek, of Schenectady, New York was arrested by the Altamont Police Department for possession of Methamphetamine, possession of a hypodermic syringe, and motor vehicle theft.
Effingham Police Department
May 24, 2017
- At 2:07pm south of the intersection of Keller and Evergreen, a vehicle driven by 56 year old, Charles E. Gordon, of Teutopolis rear-ended a vehicle driven by 35 year old, Ryan W. Spence, of Effingham. No injuries or citations were reported.
May 25, 2017
- 19 year old, Armani A. Martin, of Effingham was cited for domestic battery.
- 28 year old, George E. Shipp Jr, of Effingham was cited for driving while license is suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- A 17 year old Juvenile, of Altamont was cited for burglary.
- Police are investigating the theft of a package valued at $20.94 that occurred from a porch outside an apartment in the 500 block of South 4th Street on May 24th.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.