Photo courtesy of the Illinois State Police District 12
EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)-On April 28, 2018, Illinois State Police District 12 hosted the 37th Annual Bass Fishing Tournament at Newton Lake.
This year, 54 teams entered the tournament, with the requirement that one person on each team be a member of law enforcement.
The team of Chambers (Marion County Sheriff’s Department) and Sager were the top finishers, totaling over 26 pounds.
Funds raised from the event each year are donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital from the Illinois State Police District 12.
In its 37th year, the tournament raised $540 to be donated.
Top 10 finishers:
1) Chambers/Sager-Marion Co Sheriff’s Dept, 26.4 lbs
2)Whitten/Walker-Effingham Police Dept, 25.6 lbs
3) Phillips/Snow-Salem Police Dept, 15.4 lbs
4) Neal/Chevalier-Morrison Police Dept, 12.4 lbs
5) Nye/Davis-Crawford County Sheriff’s Dept, 11.6 lbs
6) Etcheson/Sarchet-St. Elmo Police Dept, 10.6 lbs
7) Erwin/Winchester-IL Dept of Corrections, 10.2 lbs
8) Cripps/Polanski-Marion Co Sheriff’s Dept, 9.8 lbs
9) Wood/Wood-Illinois State Police Zone 6, 9.2 lbs
10) Lamkin/Street-IL Dept of Corrections, 9.0 lbs
If your new team would like information to participate next year, please contact us on our facebook page at Illinois State Police District 12 Effingham or leave a message at (217)342-7812.