Effingham County Jail – January 17, 2017:
- 39-year-old Isac L. Fancher, of Farina, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on a Clay County warrant for Failure to Appear on hit and run. Bond of $375 was posted.
- 26-year-old Jonathan J. Berry, of Mattoon, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and sentenced to 18 months with the Illinois Department of Corrections for Failure to Report weekly/no fixed address.
- 48-year-old Jesse W. Degarmo, of Buckhannon, West Virginia, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department and charged with Resisting/Obstructing a Peace Officer and Criminal Trespass to property.
Effingham Police Department:
January 17, 2017:
- At 7:51 A.M. at 1011 S. Oakwood. A vehicle driven by Lionel E. Glass, 59, Ozark, AL, struck a concrete culvert. No injuries and no citations.
- At 6:26 P.M. at Keller Dr. and I57/I70 W entrance ramp a vehicle driven by Daniel T. Langford, 25, Effingham, struck a vehicle driven by Bryan W. Cooley, 52, Effingham. No injuries. Langford was cited for Failure to Yield.
January 18, 2017:
- At 12:57 A.M. at the intersection of 3rd and I57/I70 off ramp a vehicle driven by Mark L. Smith, 57, Wichita Falls, TX ran off the roadway and damaged some grass. No injuries and no citations.
January 17, 2017:
- Lisa M Hubert, 34, Effingham
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Jesse W Degarmo, 48, Buckhannan, WV
- Resisting / Obstructing a Peace Officer
- Criminal Trespass to Property
- Theft of an undetermined amount of cash occurred from a gym bag at 1301 N Maple on 01/17/2017 between 8:50 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
- Residential Burglary occurred in the 800 block of St. Anthony on 01/16/2017 between 4:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. Stolen was a Wallet, Checks, ID Card, Debit and Credit Cards, Social Security Card, Insurance Cards, and an undetermined amount of cash.