The Effingham Fire Department was called to a residence in the 300 Block of Crawford Avenue for a fire that started in doghouse.
Crews responded around 10:45 a.m. and quickly extinguished the fire, which had begun to spread the front side of the residence where the doghouse was located. A fire department representative said that no residents, animals included, were harmed as a result of the fire. The fire started when a heat lamp ignited straw inside the doghouse.
The doghouse and heat lamp were destroyed and the house suffered minor damage to its front side.