The Illinois State Police had released Roadside Safety Check (RSC) results for Effingham County. The RSC was conducted by ISP District 12 officers in the late hours of Friday, May 20th and the early hours, Saturday, May 21st.
RSCs are designed to remove alcohol impaired drivers from the roadways, but if other violations are observed officers will act. Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal accidents. Effingham County had no DUI arrests during the RSC.
- Registration offenses 4
- Driver’s license offenses 6
- Occupant restraint offenses 3
- Driving under the influence arrests 0
- Other alcohol/drug arrests 1
- Total citations/arrests 9
- Total written warnings 21