U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Lake Shelbyville -(Effingham Radio)- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is partnering with the Lake Volunteers Association, Central Illinois Mountain Bike Association, and the General Dacey Trail Mountain Bike Club to host the 1st Annual DirtWorx MTB Fest on September 14-16, 2018.
DirtWorx MTB Fest invites mountain bikers to spend the weekend camping at Coon Creek Campground as they enjoy the trails Lake Shelbyville has to offer, including the General Dacey Trail and Camp Camfield.
Weekend activities include Strava Time Trials, free tune-ups, games, food vendors, live music and pocket-sized maps provided for riders to easily navigate self-guided rides throughout the weekend. Event headquarters will be located at Coon Creek Campground where a newly constructed pump track has been installed to help riders learn, practice, and master the basic skills of mountain biking.
Friday, September 14, 2018
- 5pm – Registration at Coon Creek7pm – Night Ride on the General Dacey Mountain Bike Trail Saturday,
September 15, 2018
- 8am-12pm – Open Ride on all trails8am-11am – Free Tune Ups by Bike & Hike
- 12pm-2pm – Strava Time Trials at the General Dacey Mountain Bike Trail
- 4pm – Whimsical Nonsense Games at Coon Creek Campground
- 5pm-8pm – Food Vendor available at Coon Creek Campground
- 7pm-10pm – Live Music by “Them Gringos”
Sunday, September 16, 2018
- 8am-12pm – Open Ride on all trails
- 8am-11am – Free Tune Ups by Spin City Cycle
- 12pm-2pm – Strava Time Trials at Camp Camfield
- 4pm Check out
All-inclusive registration for adults, with camping, live music, a food voucher, and t-shirt, is $50. Kids, 16 and under, can register, all-inclusive, with a paying adult for $15. Non-rider registration rates are also available.
Adult non-riders can register for $25 or without a t-shirt for $10. Kids, 16 and under, with a paying adult who do not wish to ride may register for $10.
Visit www.bikereg.com/dirtworx-mtb-fest to access online registration.
Participants must register by September 1 to receive a t-shirt.
Questions may be directed to Ashely Florey by phone at (217)774-3951 ext. 7005 or by e-mail at email@example.com.