The Altamont Board of Education met on Monday, March 12th at 7:00pm.
During the meeting, the Board heard an extracurricular report regarding Jr High Volleyball, Jr High Scholastic Bowl, Jr High Track, HS Scholastic Bowl, HS Basketball, HS Track, HS Softball, and HS Baseball. The Board then heard reports from the Grade School Principal and High School Principal. Mr Hill reported that the 4th quarter and PARCC testing had begun and that Spring pictures are on Friday, March 16th. Mr Tkachuk reported that the Senior parents had set the Baccalaureate for Sunday, May 13th, the FFA Chapter Banquet will be on March 20th, and the Fall/Winter Activity Banquet will be on Monday, April 2nd. He also praised Mrs Bueker on doing a terrific job of performing the Athletic Director duties. Tkachuk also informed the Board that the band will perform for the St Louis Cardinals on April 8th. During the Superintendent’s report, the Board was informed that a resident had approached the Superintendent and had expressed interest in donating a significant amount of funds for constructing a concession stand/washrooms at the Track/Soccer Complex.
Additional items discussed/acted on by the Board include:
- Approved 5th Grade Basketball Program
- Accepted Chromebook Bid from Dell EMC
- Approved summer maintenance work
- Approved posting for High School Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
- Approved resignations of Jane Culver and Giles Giesking
- Approved Volunteer Coaches, Savannah Feezel, Gary Ellis, Jo Ellis, and Donovan Riley