The Charleston Fire Department extinguished a fire that damaged an apartment on Monday.
According to a report from the Charleston Fire Department, fire crews were called to a structure fire on Edgar Drive shortly before 4:00pm on Monday. After arriving on scene, fire crews discovered an upstairs apartment filled with heavy smoke. Upon entrance in the apartment, they then discovered a fire on the stove that was extending into the cabinetry and microwave above the stove. Fire crews then quickly extinguished the fire with an extinguisher and ventilated the apartment. The Charleston Fire Department cleared the scene shortly before 5:00pm on Monday.
It was determined that the fire had started from grease that was on the stove. Although the fire was contained to the kitchen, there was smoke damage throughout the apartment. No other apartments were affected by this fire. The tenants were at home during the time of the fire and had evacuated.
(Photos courtesy of the Charleston Fire Department)