Effingham County Jail – November 3, 2016:
- 20-year-old Logan A Ghast, of Newton, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office and charged with DUI/Alcohol, Illegal Consumption, and Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident. Bond of $100 was posted along with Ghast’s Driver’s Licence.
- 55-year-old Janice E. Rowark, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office on a Shelby County Warrant for failure to appear, and failure to pay the fine for a bad check. Bail of $375 was posted.
- 19-year-old Anthony Ray Roedl, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office on an Effingham County Warrant for Failure to Appear for Retail theft. Bail of $575 was posted
November 4, 2016:
- 32-year-old Kelsey R. Saddler, homeless, was arrested by the Altamont Police Department and charged with Retail Theft.
- 34-year-old Joe S. Vandervort, homeless, was arrested by the Altamont Police Department and charged with Retail Theft.
Effingham County Sheriff’s Office – November 3, 2016:
- At 11:08 A.M. on Route 45, one fourth of a mile south of 2050th Ave in Douglas Township, a vehicle driven by 28-year-old Dustin A. Hartke struck the rear of a vehicle driven by 69-year-old John L. Siemer. of Sigel as he slowed for traffic. Hartke was transported St. Anthony’s Hospital in Effingham for treatment of a non-incapactitating injury and was cited for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident and Operating an Uninsured Vehicle.
Effingham Police Department:
November 3, 2016:
- At 1:30 P.M. south of the intersection of Keller and Ave of Mid America a vehicle driven by Blake W. Nichols, 17, Stewardson, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Angela L. Mellendorf, 56, Jewett. No injuries and no citations.
- At 4:25 P.M. at the intersection of Evergreen and Henrietta a vehicle driven by Valerie L. Thomas, 24, Greenup, pulled into the path of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Debra L. Wittenberg, 53, Effingham. No injuries. Thomas was issued a ticket for Failure to Yield.
- At 5:45 P.M. west of the intersection of Wabash and 4th a vehicle driven by Robert J. Bohnhoff, 67, Dieterich, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Daniel W. Printz, 67, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.