Effingham County Jail – October 28, 2016:
- 62-year-old John Henry Adams, of Beardstown, Illinois, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and sentenced to 5 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections for Aggravated DUI/Accidental/Death.
- 43-year-old Torrence D. Woods, of Danville, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Office on an Effingham County Warrant for Failure to Appear for Retail Theft – less than $500.
- 34-year-old Blake Adam Beavers, or Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department and charged with Pedestrian Under the Influence, Civil Possession of Cannabis 0 less than 2.5 grams, and Civil Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Effingham Police Department:
October 26, 2016:
- At 11:57 A.M. at the intersection of Banker and Walk a semi driven by Scott M. Price, 47, Omaha, collided with a vehicle driven by Rachel A. Brown, 30, Dieterich. No injuries and no citations.
- At 4:52 P.M. south of the intersection of Banker and Hoffman a vehicle driven by Betty L. Newkirk, 82, Effingham, struck a vehicle driven by Cory J. Osborn, 17, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
- At 4:56 P.M. east of the intersection of Maple and Temple a vehicle driven by Matthew E. Bloemer, 40, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Hannah R. Walk, 17, Teutopolis, causing Walk’s vehicle to rear-end a vehicle driven by Marjorie L. Probst, 61, Dieterich. No injuries and no citations.
October 27, 2016:
- At 7:37 P.M. at 1701 W. Evergreen a semi driven by Serigo F. Alvarez, 61, Santa Teresa, NM, struck a parked semi owned by Coldiron Specialized Trucking, Edmond, OK. No citations and no injuries.