The Effingham County 911 Board discussed updating their constitution and bylaws at Tuesday’s meeting. According to Board Chair, Nick Althoff, the bylaws have not been updated in over a decade.
The new bylaws would need to be drafted, checked by the board, and eventually would be voted on and adopted.
The Board also approved new appointments to various committees. New appointments are as follows:
- Equipment/PSAP – David Mahon, Cody Hartke, Michael Schutzbach
- Human Resources – Michael DePoister, Nick Althoff, Julie Stephens
- Addressing – Wayne Rubach, Larry Thies, John Paholke
- Finance – Michael Schuzbach, Michael DePoister, Nick Althoff
- Public Education – Wayne Rubach, Cody Hartke, Julie Stephens
- Emergency Services – John Poholke, David Mahon, Larry Thies
System Administrator Jodi Moomaw also reported on stats back from April regarding 911 education. During the April program 1080 local children were educated about the importance of 911.