Convenient Care Clinic and other services relocating and opening in Health Center on Monday, December 3
EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)-On Thursday, November 29, HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital ceremonially opened its newest facility, bringing convenient, high quality care to the community, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony of its new Health Center. The ribbon-cutting was held in conjunction with an Effingham County Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours social, where Chamber members and invited guests took tours of the new facility.
HSHS St. Anthony’s Health Center located at 900 West Temple Avenue, Building B, offers several outpatient services in one centralized location to provide area residents with easy access to St. Anthony’s Convenient Care clinic, diagnostic imaging, lab services, Women’s Wellness Center, and Nutrition Services. The Health Center also has space for physician offices, including clinic space for HSHS Medical Group, with room for expanding services to the community. To provide ease of access for physicians and patients, the Health Center is connected to the current Effingham Medical Center, which will be renamed to Health Center, Building A.
HSHS St. Anthony’s President and CEO Theresa Rutherford shared, “This is truly an exciting time for St. Anthony’s. With this beautiful new Health Center, we are taking another step towards convenient, patient-focused care,” she said. “As health care continues to evolve more into an outpatient delivery model, this new facility was constructed for the convenience of those we serve and our physician partners. And while this new building will serve its clinical purposes, we truly see it as an extension of our Mission to reveal and embody Christ’s healing love for all people through our high quality Franciscan health care ministry.”
Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS) President and CEO Mary Starmann-Harrison shared her thoughts on the importance of this new St. Anthony’s Health Center. “At HSHS, we focus on the continuum of care for our patients – ensuring that we don’t just treat them for one medical instance, but instead we sustain the care beyond one emergency room visit. We care about the whole person at HSHS for every stage of their life, which is why this Health Center is so exciting. It is continuing the legacy of providing high quality health care for all,” she said. “With the variety of services it will provide, it won’t be a center that patients set foot in once, but rather many times to heal them and keep them healthy. It will provide one more way that we can proudly follow in the footsteps of our founding Hospital Sisters by bring healing and hope to all we have the privilege of serving.”
In addition to the remarks made by Rutherford and Starmann-Harrison, the ceremony included remarks by Loren Hughes, MD, president of HSHS Medical Group, and Melinda Clark, CEO of HSHS Medical Group, about how the new Health Center continues the partnership between HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital and HSHS Medical Group in bringing needed specialty providers to the area.
Prior to the ribbon-cutting ceremony, a blessing and dedication of the new Health Center was held at the new facility, led by Father Michal Rosa, pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, who serves on St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital’s Board of Directors.
Health Center Opening – Monday, December 3
A number of St. Anthony’s services will be moving to the Health Center and opening on Monday, December 3. Please note these new locations below:
- The Convenient Care Clinic currently located at 801 West Temple Avenue will be moving to the first floor of the new Health Center, 900 West Temple Avenue, Building B. If you need Convenient Care, you can make an online reservation for a time of your choosing by visiting stanthonyshospital.org/savemyspot.
- The Convenient Care Diagnostic Center, also currently located at 801 West Temple Avenue, will be moving to the first floor of the new Health Center, 900 West Temple Avenue, Building B. The services that will be offered in the Diagnostic Center in the new Health Center include X-ray, CT, Open MRI, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, and Lab Testing (including breath alcohol and drug screen testing). To make an appointment for a test ordered by your physician, contact the Scheduling department by calling (217) 347-1540.
- The Women’s Wellness Center, currently located in the Effingham Medical Center, Suite 108, will be moving to the second floor of the new Health Center, 900 West Temple Avenue, Building B. Women’s Wellness offers 3D Mammography, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy and a Breastfeeding and Breast Care Boutique. To make an appointment or for more information, call (217) 347-1601.
- Nutrition Services, currently located in the lower level of the Convenient Care Clinic at 801 West Temple Avenue, will be will be moving to the second floor of the new Health Center, 900 West Temple Avenue, Building B. Nutrition Services provides assistance for those with diabetes or gestational diabetes, and offers support for medically-supervised weight management, heart health, and specialized diets. To make an appointment or for more information, call (217) 347-1455.
HSHS Medical Group and other physician offices will be moving to their new location in the Health Center in January 2019. These physicians offer both primary and specialty care in the Effingham area. HSHS Medical Group and other physicians moving into the new Health Center include:
- David Bitzer, MD, Urology
- Ruben Boyajian, MD, General Surgery
- Iyoob Ilyas, MD, MS, MRCS, Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Nitin Kumar, MD, Gastroenterology
For more information about HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, visit stanthonyshospital.org. HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital is part of the Southern Illinois Division of Hospital Sisters Health System, which also includes HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in O’Fallon, HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Breese, HSHS Holy Family Hospital in Greenville, and HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Highland.