Chicago, IL -(Effingham Radio)- Governor-elect J.B. Pritzker’s new Education Success Committee has six Democratic state lawmakers, three teachers’ union leaders, and just one school principal.
The committee will consist of the following:
- State Senator Andy Manar co-chairs the transition’s Educational Success Committee and represents the 48th Senate District.
- State Representative Chris Welch co-chairs the transition’s Educational Success Committee and has represented the 7th District since 2013.
- Dr. Janice Jackson co-chairs the transition’s Educational Success Committee and is the CEO of Chicago Public Schools.
- Kathi Griffin co-chairs the transition’s Educational Success Committee and is the President of the Illinois Education Association, which at 135,000 members strong, is the largest union in Illinois.
- Dr. Michael Amiridis, Chancellor, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Dr. Carmen Ayala, Superintendent, Berwyn North SD 98
- Christine Benson, Retired Superintendent, Mendota High School
- Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant, State Senator, Illinois General Assembly
- Dr. Dale Chapman, President, Lewis and Clark Community College
- Dr. Brent Clark, Executive Director, Illinois Association of School Administrators
- Fred Crespo, State Representative, Illinois General Assembly
- Will Davis, State Representative, Illinois General Assembly
- Dr. Larry Dietz, President, Illinois State University
- Dr. Kenneth Ender, President, Harper College
- Dr. Jennifer Garrison, Superintendent, Vandalia 203
- Phyllis Glink, Executive Director, Irving B. Harris Foundation
- Dr. James Heckman, Professor, University of Chicago
- Dr. Ed Hightower, Executive Director, Mannie Jackson Center for the Humanities Foundation
- Kimberly Lightford, State Senator, Illinois General Assembly
- John Miller, Vice President, Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Mary Morten, Board Chair, Safe Schools Alliance
- Zena Naiditch, President and CEO, Equip for Equality
- Ginger Ostro, Executive Director, Advance Illinois
- Kevin O’Mara, Professor, Concordia University
- Dr. Cristina Pacione-Zayas, Director of Policy, Erikson Institute
- Sylvia Puente, Executive Director, Latino Policy Forum
- Dr. Aisha Ray, Retired Professor, Erikson Institute
- Mimi Rodman, Executive Director, Stand for Children Illinois
- Dr. Kevin Rubenstein, President, Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education
- Jane Russell, Vice President, Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Juan Salgado, Chancellor, City Colleges of Chicago
- Zaldwaynaka “Z” Scott, President, Chicago State University
- Gloria Trejo, Principal, Pioneer Elementary School
- Maria Whelan, President and CEO, Illinois Action for Children
- Dr. Barbara Wilson, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of Illinois System
Pritzker named the 35 committee members yesterday.
He says the group will confront challenges in the state’s public schools with “fierce urgency.”