EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)- The Effingham City Council is set to meet tonight at 6:00pm.
After voting on the Omnibus Vote Agenda, the Council will consider and take possible action on five items of business.
The action items are as follows:
- Consider an ordinance amending an ordinance that regulates the use of public and private sewers and drains, revising the signature authority to be consistent with the current practice within the pretreatment ordinance.
- Consider the Industrial Pretreatment Enforcement Response Plan, which has been revised to fulfill the US EPA desktop review audit comments.
- Consider a resolution accepting an IDOT grant for mobile data computers. Approval of this grant will allow the purchase of 22 mobile data laptops to assist with electronic crash reporting.
- Consider a resolution accepting a bid and awarding the contract for the Water Treatment Plant Claricone Recoating Project to Hanfland Painting Contractors in the amount of $278,125.
- Consider a resolution authorizing the first amendment to the Downtown/Southtown Business Area Redevelopment Program Agreement, amending the completion date of the agreement with Tingley Investment Properties.
The Council will then discuss five items of business.
They are as follows:
- Discuss a resolution authorizing the contract with Herrmann’s Landscaping for lawn care services for 2019-2021
- Discuss a resolution authorizing an agreement with Farnsworth Group for the Jefferson Avenue Reconstruction in the amount of $84,600
- Discuss the bid letting for the 2018 Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation Project
- Discuss the bid letting for the Jefferson Street Water Main Project
- Discuss the bid letting for the 2018-2019 Manhole Rehabilitation Project
The Council will then hear the Tourism Quarterly Report from Tourism Director Thoele.
Thoele will also discuss with the Council the upcoming Holiday Lights and Festive Sights: Holiday Lighting Competition and the Wonderland in Lights: Thanksgiving through the New Year.
The Effingham City Council meets in the City Council Chambers of City Hall on East Jefferson Avenue.