Greenup, IL -(Effingham Radio)- The Following Preliminary Information is Being Released by Illinois State Police District 12
- Personal Injury Crash
- I-70 E/B @ Milepost 119 in Cumberland County at the Greenup Exit.
- 12:20 PM on 11/04/2018
- Unit #1 – 2000 Chevrolet Truck
- Unit #2 – 2017 Ford Edge
- Unit #1 – Makenna R. Ochs 18, of Newton, IL.
- Unit #2 – Larry D. Burroughs 49, of Louisville, IL.
- Unit #2 – Cheryl M. Burroughs 51, of Louisville, IL.
- Unit #1 – Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident
- Driver and passenger of Unit 2 taken by Ambulance to St. Anthony Memorial Hospital in Effingham, IL for minor injuries.
- Preliminary investigative details indicate Unit 1 was entering I-70 east at the milepost 119 entrance ramp outside of Greenup. Upon entering I-70, the driver of Unit 1 lost control of the vehicle on a wet roadway turning sideways in the roadway and struck an already eastbound Unit 2 in the left lane of I-70. Upon colliding, both Units came to rest in the median of I-70.
-All Subjects Are Presumed Innocent Until Proven Guilty In A Court Of Law-