October 24, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested Kyleigh R. Arthur, 30 years of age of Mattoon, for the offense of Aggravated Domestic Battery. The arrest occurred on 10/24/2018 at 5pm at Mattoon PD. The charge alleges that on 10/23/18 while in the 200 block of N. 10th Street in Mattoon, Mr. Arthur grabbed a child by the neck, and slammed the child’s head against the floor three times. Mr. Arthur was taken to the Coles County Jail.
October 26, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested Albert C. Mitchell, 34 years of age of Mattoon, for the offense of Possession of Burglary Tools. The arrest occurred on 10/26/2018 at 2:49pm at Mattoon PD. The charge alleges that during the early morning hours of 10/25/2018, Mattoon police were patrolling the surrounding area of 26th and Western, due to numerous residential burglaries in that area in the recent past. The charge alleges that during this time, police located Mr. Mitchell walking in the 100 block of S. 26th Street, and at the time was wearing a black balaclava covering his face, and was carrying a crowbar, work gloves, rubber gloves, and a flashlight. Mr. Mitchell is also known by police to have prior incidents of burglary. Mr. Mitchell provided police with reason for being out at that time with such tools, however his reasoning didn’t corroborate with other facts. Mr. Mitchell was charged with possession of burglary tools, and was taken to the Coles County Jail.
October 27, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested Kamarra L. Johnson, 22 years of age of Mattoon, for the offense of Domestic Battery. The arrest occurred on 10/27/2018 at 10:36am in the 2300 block of Dewitt Ave in Mattoon. The charge alleges that on 10/27/2018 while in the 2300 block of Dewitt Ave in Mattoon, and during a domestic dispute, Ms. Johnson battered a male subject. Ms. Johnson was taken to the Coles County Jail.
- Mattoon Police arrested 38 year old Tiffany R. Tirado, as well as 33 year old Rachel R. Custer, both of Tuscola, for the offense of Possession of Methamphetamine. Ms. Tirado was also charged with Theft. The arrest occurred on 10/27/2018 at 101 Dettro Drive in Mattoon, when Ms. Tirado was taken into custody at 11:07am, followed by Ms. Custer at 11:16am. The charges allege that on 10/27/18, Mattoon police were called to Jack Flash gas station located at 1121 Broadway Ave East in Mattoon for a reported theft, to where two female suspects had just fled in a vehicle. The vehicle was subsequently located in the Walmart parking lot at 101 Dettro Drive, and the occupants of the vehicle were identified as Ms. Tirado and Ms. Custer. Upon police contact, Ms. Tirado allegedly admitted to having just stolen from the Jack Flash gas station just prior to them arriving at Walmart. Also at this time both Ms. Tirado and Ms. Custer were allegedly in possession of Methamphetamine. Both Ms. Tirado and Ms. Custer were taken to the Coles County Jail.
October 28, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested 25 year old Christopher M. Colman, and 20 year old Bridgett N.F. Fulk, both of Ingraham, IL, for the offenses of Possession of Methamphetamine, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. The arrest occurred on 10/28/2018 in the 1300 block of Richmond Ave in Mattoon, when Mr. Colman was taken into custody at 9:31pm, followed by Ms. Fulk at 9:37pm. The charges allege that during the evening of 10/28/2018, police were called to the 1300 block of Richmond Ave in Mattoon, regarding suspicious persons in a vehicle in the area. Police arrived on scene, and located Mr. Colman and Ms. Fulk, and discovered Mr. Colman had an active Clay County warrant for failing to appear on Methamphetamine charges. Police also allegedly located at this time, that both Mr. Colman and Ms. Fulk were in current possession of Methamphetamine and other drug paraphernalia. Both Mr. Colman and Ms. Fulk were taken to the Coles County Jail.
-ALL PERSONS LISTED ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN THE COURT OF LAW-