High School Girls Tennis
- Several area athletes had good showings at the State Tournament yesterday.
Emilee Mossman of St. Anthony won all 3 of her matches winning both of her first two matches 6-0 6-0 and winning her 3rd match 6-3 6-1.
Jacelyn Street of Newton won her 1st match 3-6 6-0 6-1, then lost her 2nd match 6-3 0-6 2-6, but then came-back and won her 3rd match 6-0 6-1.
Diane Mossman of Teutopolis lost her 1st match 0-6 0-6, but then won her next two matches 6-7 6-4 10-6 and 6-2 6-4.
In doubles Chloe Funneman/Lauryn Douthit of Effingham won two matches 0-6 7-5 6-3 and 6-2 6-1, but then went on to lose their 3rd match 1-6 1-6.
Allison Kowalke/ Averee Greene of St. Anthony won two matches 4-6 6-2 6-2 and 6-1 6-1, but lost their 3rd match 2-6 3-6.
Alli Brumleve/Macy Probst of Teutopolis won two matches 6-3 6-1 and 7-5 2-6 6-0, but lost their third match 3-6 2-6.
Nicole Deters/Julia Hardiek of Teutopolis were eliminated losing both of their matches 2-6 4-6 and 1-6 2-6.
St. Anthony’s gained 10 points as team after Day 1 and that is good enough for a tie of 5th Place as a team.
High School Volleyball
- St. Anthony defeated North Clay 25-21 25-14. Leading the way for St.A Meg Richards had 12 kills and Abby Stock had 26 assists.
- Action wrapped up at the Egyptian-Illini Conference Tournament. Patoka came out with a perfect 4-0 record for the tournament they picked up a pair of wins against CHBC 25-12 25-23 and St.Elmo/Brownstown 22-25 26-24 25-22. Another match was contested on the evening SEB would defeat CHBC 25-20 25-17.
Junior High Girls Basketball
- Effingham picked up a pair of wins against Charleston. In the 7th Grade contest it was Effingham winning 29-12. Leading the way for the Mustangs was Volpi with 11 points, Hodge 10, Niebrugge 4, Moser 2, Raddatz 2.
In the 8th Grade contest Effingham won 31-26. Leading the way for the Mustangs was Niebrugge with 17 points, Frost 3, Allie 3, Woomer 2, Mapes 2, , Davis 2, Beck 2
- Action continued in the 7th Grade NTC girls basketball tournament last night. Sigel St. Michael defeated North Clay and Altamont defeated South Central 41-27. St. Michael now advances to the championship game on Saturday at 11:30 A.M. against the winner of Brownstown/St.Elmo vs Stew-Stras/Windsor, that game will be played at 7:15 tonight. North Clay will be play the loser of that game at 10:15 A.M. on Saturday. Altamont advances to the consolation championship at 9 A.M. on Saturday, they will take on the winner of the game that will be played at 6 tonight between Dieterich and CHBC. All tournament games are at Dieterich.