NEWTON, IL-(Effingham Radio)- The Newton City Council is set to meet on Tuesday at 5:45pm.
According to an agenda from the Newton City Council, the Council will approve the minutes from the September 18th meeting.
The Board will then consider action on ten items of old business and four items of new business.
Old items of business include:
- Recognition of Ken Larimore
- Open bids on the 506 S Van Buren property
- Consider and act on an ordinance that authorizes the sale of municipally owned real estate
- Consider and act on bids for city-owned truck parking lot behind the Cobblestone Hotel
- Consider and act on awarding the concrete portion of the city-owned truck parking lot behind Cobblestone Hotel
- Consider and act on awarding the electrical portion of the city-owned truck parking lot behind Cobblestone Hotel
- Consider and act on a pay estimate for the South Van Buren Street Water Project in the amount of $58,665 from B&T drainage
- Consider and act on a change order accommodating the Dhom extension on the South Van Buren Street Water Project
- Consider and act on an invoice due to Connor & Connor in the amount of $8,120 for the South Van Buren Street Water Project and the Dhom extension
- Consider and act on the Five Aprils Lottery results and contracts
The items of new business include consideration of a special event application for Wade Fire Protection District, consideration of the 2017/2018 fiscal year audit, consideration of the 2017/2018 TIF fiscal year audit, and consideration of participation and support of the Souther Illinois Criminal Justice Training Program Mobile Team Unit 15 for the Intergovernmental Law Enforcement Office In-Service Training Act.
Additionally, the Council will hear a committee report from the Finance Committee and JEDI Committee, as well as statements from council members, the City Attorney, the City Treasurer, City Clerk, and the Mayor.
The Newton City Council meets in the Newton City Hall at 108 N Van Buren in Newton.