Mattoon, IL-(Effingham Radio)- The following is the Mattoon Police Report:
August 28, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested Aaron C. Hatter, 29 years of age of Mattoon, for the offense of Theft. The arrest occurred on 08/28/2018 at 1:52pm at Mattoon PD. The charge alleges that on 07/28/2018, Mr. Hatter went upon the property of a tire and auto shop located in the 200 block of N. 15th Street, and stole tools from that location. Mr. Hatter was issued a court date and was released.
- Mattoon Police arrested Nicole R. Cooke, 21 years of age of Mattoon, for an active Coles County warrant, as well as for the offense of Obstructing Identification. The arrest occurred on 08/28/2018 at 2:30pm in the 500 block of N. 15th Street in Mattoon. The charge alleges that on 08/28/18, Ms. Cooke was stopped by police for a traffic violation, and during that time repeatedly provided police with a false name for herself. Upon police discovering who Ms. Cooke was, it was determined she had lied about her name in an attempt to avoid being arrested on the active Coles County warrant for failure to appear on burglary charges. Ms. Cooke was taken to the Coles County Jail.
- Mattoon Police arrested Donte L. Blair, 44 years of age of Mattoon, for the offenses of Criminal Sexual Assault and Failure to Register as a Sex Offender. The arrest occurred on 08/28/2018 at 3:15pm at Mattoon PD. The charges allege that throughout the past three months, and on multiple occasions, Mr. Blair had sexually assaulted a female he was residing with while she sept. Charges also allege that during a police interview with Mr. Blair, he also admitted to having a secondary address he resided at in Ashmore, IL, and that as a current sex offender, had never registered that as his address. Mr. Blair was taken to the Coles County Jail.
August 29, 2018
- Mattoon Police arrested John L. Chancellor, 34 years of age of Tuscola, IL, for the offense of three counts of Burglary. The arrest occurred on 08/29/2018 at 2:45pm at the Coles County Jail. The charges allege that on 08/24/18, Mr. Chancellor broke into the maintenance room and change machine of a car wash located in the 1800 block of Dewitt in Mattoon, and stole money from within. Charges also allege that on 08/27/18, Mr. Chancellor broke into a cash machine, and a maintenance office located at a laundry mat in the 1600 block of Lakeland BLVD in Mattoon, and stole a video surveillance system from within. Last, the charges allege that on 08/27/18, Mr. Chancellor broke into a maintenance office and a coin machine of a car wash located in the 1700 block of Rudy Ave in Mattoon, and stole a set of keys from within. Mr. Chancellor remained at the Coles County Jail, where these charges were added.
- Mattoon Police arrested Matthew J. Lawhorn, 31 years of age of Mattoon, for the offense of Aggravated Domestic Battery to a Child. The arrest occurred on 08/29/2018 at 5pm at Mattoon PD. The charge alleges that on 08/28/2018 while at his residence, Mr. Lawhorn battered a 5 year old child with his hands and a shoe, causing bruising and marks about the body of the 5 year old. Mr. Lawhorn was taken to the Coles County Jail.
- Mattoon Police arrested Frank P. Whalen, 55 years of age of Mokena, IL, for the offenses of Attempted Motor Vehicle Theft, Criminal Damage to Property, and Burglary from a Motor Vehicle. The arrest occurred on 08/29/2018 at 5:39pm in the 4900 block of Lakeland Blvd in Mattoon. The charges allege that on 08/29/18, Mr. Whalen unlawfully entered an unoccupied motor vehicle parked at the Lakeland Church of Christ located in the 4900 block of Lakeland Blvd, and ripped apart the ignition column of the vehicle in an attempt to steal it. The charges also allege that while Mr. Whalen was inside the vehicle attempting to steal it, he stole a navigation device and a necklace from within the vehicle. Mr. Whalen was taken to the Coles County jail.
-ALL PERSONS LISTED ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN THE COURT OF LAW-