Effingham, IL-(Effingham Radio)- Illinois State Police (ISP) District 12 Commander, Captain Ristvedt, announces the results of a Roadside Safety Check held in Effingham county from late night Saturday, July 7th to early morning Sunday, July 8th. The Roadside Safety Check was conducted in Effingham, by District 12 officers.
Enforcement Activity – Violations
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Citations – 0
- Other Alcohol/Drug Citations – 2
- Occupant Restraint Offenses – 5
- Registration Offenses – 1
- Driver’s License Offenses – 4
- Insurance Violations – 7
- Total Citations/Arrests – 17
- Total Written Warnings – 15
Alcohol and drug impairment is a factor in more than 30 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois, and throughout the U.S., nearly 10,000 people die each year due to alcohol-impaired driving.
Roadside Safety Checks are designed to keep our roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road.
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation.