EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)- Illinois State Police (ISP) District 12 Commander, Captain Ristvedt, announces the results of a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) held in Effingham County from late night Saturday, April 21st to early morning Sunday, April 22nd.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Citations 1
- Other Alcohol/Drug Citations 5
- Occupant Restraint Offenses 1
- Registration Offenses 0
- Driver’s License Offenses 8
- Insurance Violations 5
- Total Citations/Arrests 12
- Total Written Warnings 17
Alcohol and drug impairment is a factor in more than 30 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois, and throughout the U.S., nearly 10,000 people die each year due to alcohol-impaired driving.
RSCs are designed to keep our roads safe by taking dangerous DUI offenders off the road.
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation.