MT. VERNON, IL -(Effingham Radio)- Earlier today, The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation released their latest report on enforcement actions from this past March.
In the latest report physician/surgeon, Samuel Figueroa, was place on probation indefinitely as well as the following:
- given a practice monitor for 18 months
- fined $20,000
- restricted controlled substance license
The license restriction according to IDFPR is to “ scope of his duties as an anesthesiologist in the hospital setting only after respondent, while service as a medical director of the Dutch Hollow Medical Day Spa, failed to properly prescribe and document his treatment management protocols utilizing Phentermine.”
Figueroa was contacted via the facility for further comment on the matter, however he was unavailable at this time.
In addition to this matter other matters of enforcement were handled by the department in our listening area include, but are not limited to:
- BARBER, COSMETOLGY, ESTHETICS, NAIL TECHNOLOGY & HAIR BRAIDING:
- Dawn Pashia, Sorento, 011293031 – cosmetologist license suspended for failure to file and/or pay Illinois state income taxes.
- DETECTIVE, ALARM, SECURITY, FINGERPRINT VENDOR AND LOCKSMITH
- Benjamin Elston, Villa Grove, 129403578 – permanent employee registration card placed in refuse to renew status for failure to appear for a disciplinary conference
- Robert LePore, Bloomingdale, 129364414 – permanent employee registration card placed in refuse to renew status for failure to appear for a disciplinary conference.
- Montrel Matthews, Centreville, 129262179 – permanent employee registration
- Laura McLaughlin, Mattoon, 129212821 – permanent employee registration card placed in refuse to renew status for failure to appear for a disciplinary conference
- Mary Clendening, Mattoon, 041171902 – registered nurse license suspended for failure to file and/or pay Illinois state income taxes.
- Karin Harm, Centralia, 041249434 – registered nurse license placed in refuse to renew status for a sister-state discipline
- Jane Jones, Flora, 041144549 – registered nurse license and advanced practice nurse license, 209000118 are both indefinitely, permanently suspended due to gross negligence in the practice and advanced practice nursing
- DIVISION OF REAL ESTATE UNLICENSED
- Champaign Property Group, Champaign, (unlicensed) – ordered to cease and desist the unlicensed practice of real estate and imposed a $1,000 civil penalty. (No Longer Exists)
To view the full list report click here