EFFINGHAM, IL -(Effingham Radio)- Earlier today, first responders were called to Fast Mart Gas Station in Effingham for a structure fire.
Once crews arrived, responding firefighters from the Effingham Fire Department uncovered smoke from the exterior wall behind the ATM Machine.
According to EFD, a small fire was revealed to be within the wall.
After the fire was extinguished, it was determined that the cause came from a cigarette that was left on a window ledge.
Until further notice, the gas station will remained closed as to repair the building wall, and restoration of electrical service is completed.