The Brownstown Board of Education made personnel moves at their meeting on Monday, March 19th.
During the meeting, the Board gave approval for four items of business. These are the membership in the IHSA for 2018-2019, renewal of the intergovernmental agreement with SEPCO for 2018-2019, renewal of the service agreement with GOSolutions for 2018-2019, and an updated district facility use policy. The Board then employed Rebecca Warfel as the K-8 Music Teacher, Savannah Feezel as a 3rd Grade Teacher, and Kayla Carson as a Kindergarten Teacher, as well as Laura Meier, Jessica Sefton, Kayla Hingson, Jennifer Kesl, Kimberly Splechter, and Jordyn Sussenbach as non-tenured teachers.
Additional staff hired by the Board include:
- Custodians: Evelyn Wells, Jodi Winkler, and Steve Waltrip
- Cooks: Karen Portz, Diane Smith, and Nikki Sidwell
- Secretaries: Ashley Towler and Shelly Thomason
- Teacher Aides: Verla Reed, Stacy Sidwell, Brenda Wilson, Stacey Summers, Whitney Schaal, and Deirdre Murray
- Bus Drivers: Paul Parkison, David Portz, Sam Kistler, and Richard Cade
- Nurse: Jenna Townsend
- District Bookkeeper/Secretary/Treasurer: Jacy Schaub
- District Transportation Secretary: Deb Hunter
- Assistant High School Basketball Coach Spring 2018 Season: Isaac Grapperhaus
- Volunteer JH Track Coach Spring 2018 Season: Abby Fryer
- Lawn Maintenance Summer 2018: Randy Sasse