Effingham, Il (Via Flora, Il) — Clay County Hospital is currently under a revised patient and visitation policy because of a large number of flu and virus cases.
Please share this information with friends and family.
We ask that visitors to the hospital please try to help to prevent the spreading of influenza.
The Staff at Clay County Hospital realize that this can be an inconvenience and wish to thank you for your patience and cooperation.
- No visitation by persons less than 18 years of age
- Limiting the number of visitors to two per patient at any one time
- We will promote compliance with Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette
- Assess visitors for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, sore throat),
- Request that visitors with acute respiratory illness symptoms not visit patients, but if they insist, require a mask be worn.
- Limit visits to patients in isolation for influenza to persons who are necessary for the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
Press Release courtesy of Clay County Hospital