Clay County, Ill – New for Clay County Hospital, our Health and Wellness EXPO will be this coming Saturday, October 14 at 9:30 am.
Also, our annual 5k Move for the Cure will be held on the same day, starting at 8 am! Both will take place at the Flora Elementary School, 445 Emory Ave, Flora, IL 62839.
Reduced rate blood test vouchers will be sold, so you don’t have to fast the morning of the expo and can enjoy all of the informative presentations and activities available.
Some of the free services offered will be Body fat analysis, grip testing, finger stick blood sugar test, bone density scan.
There will even be a walk through inflated colon!
Don’t forget about the kid’s fit and fun zone!
In addition, make sure to come by and register to enter a drawing to win one of our great giveaways! Expo starts at 9:30, so come by and make sure to “get your healthy on!”
Schedule of Events:
- 9:30 “Get Fit or Stay Sick” Victoria Streif
- 10:00 “Self Defence Techniques” Nancy Newton
- 10:30 “Healthy Cooking Demo” Hospital Dietary
- 11:00 “Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants” Dr. Nigam
- 11:30 “Recognizing the Risk Factors for Pre-Diabetes” Steve Welty
Kids Fit & Fun Zone:
- 9:30 “Make an Airplane Drone” U of I Extension
- 10:00 “Fitness Fun” Victoria Streif
- 10:30 “Make an Airplane Drone” U of I Extension
- 11:00 “Fitness Fun” Victoria Streif
Kids Give Away: HI Q 7 Learning Tablet
Adult Give Aways: FIT BIT Charge 2, RCA Tablet With Keyboard, Ninja Professional Blender, Google HOME.
Press Release courtesy of Clay County Hospital