The American Red Cross recently released safety tips for back to school time.
Children will all be returning to school soon. The American Red Cross has suggested the following tips for ensuring a safe return to school.
- Wait to board the bus until it has come to a complete stop.
- Only board your designated bus.
- Stay within sight of the bus driver. Never walk behind the bus.
- Cross the street at the corner, in the crosswalk.
- Do not dart into the street or in between cars.
- Ensure that proper safety restraints and seat belts are used.
- Students that ride a bike to school should always wear a helmet.
- If walking to school, parents should walk with younger children or arrange for older children to walk with a friend.
- Drivers should remain vigilant of the caution lights and stop signs on a bus. If stop sign is out, traffic in both directions must stop and wait for the lights to be turned off, the stop sign to be back in place, and the bus is in motion to start driving again.
The American Red Cross released these tips to ensure that this back to school season is a safe one.