Ameren Illinois and C.E.F.S. Economic Opportunity are partnering up to to help low income customers that have fallen behind on their energy bill. Customer Service representatives will be assisting customers at the Effingham Elks Lodge, today from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Customer Service representatives will be available to help qualifying, low-income customers in catching up delinquent energy bills. A one-time grant assistance will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis, as funds available are limited. The one-time grants of up to $150 per household will be based on a 30 day income cap. Customers must have a 30 day income that is below or meets the following:
- A family of one must have an income of $1,980 or below.
- A family of two must have an income of $2,670 or below.
- A family of three must have an income of $3,360 or below.
- A family of four must have an income of $4,050 or below.
- A family of five must have an income of $4,740 or below.
- A family of six must have an income of $5,430 or below.
Energy Efficiency advisers for Ameren Illinois will also be available. The advisers will help customers develop a plan that will reduce energy use. Customers will also be informed of how they can reduce their energy costs with Ameren Illinois’ incentive programs.
Customers attending the Ameren Illinois Residential Bill Support event are asked to bring a copy of their Ameren Illinois bill, proof of their 30 day income, and applicant identification.