EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)- The Effingham City Council met on Tuesday evening.
During their meeting, the Council approved multiple ordinances.
These are an ordinance that authorizes an agreement to purchase real estate with Jamie N Roberts, an ordinance that rezones the Hecht property at the intersection of Outer Belt West and North Keller from a B-5 to a B-2, an ordinance that authorizes a $25,000 contribution to support senior services of Effingham County, an ordinance that accepts a quote of $73,413.39 for water main replacements from Core & Main, and an ordinance that approves plats for the Outer Belt West Commercial Subdivision.
These ordinances were passed with an unanimous vote each.
Additional items covered by the Council include:
- Introduction of Accounting Assistant, Ali Mahaffey
- Awarding the 2018 Wellness Challenge Award to the Effingham Fire Department for a loss of 174.4lbs
- Awarding the Special Act Award to Officer Josh Douthit for going above-and-beyond when helping an Effingham citizen
- Naming Tourism Director, Jodi Thoele, as the Employee of the Quarter
- A Mayoral Proclamation of June 7th at National Cancer Survivors Day
- Discuss upcoming events: Effingham Farmer’s Market, Summer Food Fest, Veteran’s Festival, Funfest for Air-Cooled VW.