EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)- Illinois State Police (ISP) District 12 Commander, Captain Cory Ristvedt, announces the results of Nighttime Enforcement (NITE) patrols in Fayette and Marion counties during April.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Citations 1
- Other Alcohol/Drug Citations 1
- Occupant Restraint Offenses 0
- Registration Offenses 2
- Driver’s License Offenses 7
- Insurance Violations 1
- Total Citations/Arrests 9
- Total Written Warnings 38
Alcohol and drug impairment is a factor in more than 30 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois.
Over half of all fatal crashes in Illinois occur at night.
The NITE program allows officers to work even harder at removing dangerous impaired drivers from the road and making sure everyone is buckled up.
This project is funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation.