Cromwell Radio Group: Effingham, IL Market
(WCRC, WCRA, JACK FM, The Game)
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Cromwell Radio Group’s Effingham IL Market is looking for a seasoned news director to join our team! As a local media partner, we broadcast via on-air signals, online and mobile platforms, produce original audio and video content, and coordinate live events for our clients and local community. We operate four radio stations in Effingham, IL as well as thirteen other stations in the surrounding area. According to the Radio Advertising Bureau, 93% of adults tune into LOCAL radio each week.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a position thriving in a highly energetic reporting environment – this job is the opportunity for you!
- Attend meetings held by local municipalities and schools
- Attend events held in the community
- Report on breaking news occurring in the area
- Investigate and report news stories on-air and online
Candidates must possess exceptional communication and composition skills and must be goal driven, creative, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have. Other qualifications include:
- High school graduate; college preferred
- Prior experience in reporting/journalism preferred
- Must also have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Skylla Producer
Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Email your resume to Sheila Myers, General Manager at email@example.com, or drop off at 405 South Banker St., Suite 201 in Effingham.
Health, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, and a 401k retirement plan are offered.
Cromwell Group, Inc. of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer.