The Dieterich School District will have a later start date than normal for the next school year.
The Dieterich School Board met on February 12th. At this meeting, the Board approved the 2018-2019 school year calendar, which reflects a later-than-usual start date due to the Quasquacentennial Celebration. The Celebration will occur on August 17-19th and school will start with student attendance on August 21st. Additionally, the Board made further moves regarding the setting of events and amending the school calendar. The Board tentatively set the High School Graduation for May 12th at 2:00pm. They also amended the current year’s calendar to reflect the snow day taken on January 12th.
Also, the Board heard from the elementary school principal, superintendent, and sportsbackers. During the presentation from Superintendent Jackson, the Board was informed that the District received a financial profile rating of 3.55 that places the district in the highest category of financial recognition. Jackson reported that the annual operating cost was well below the state average of $12,973 at $8066.42. Elementary School Principal, Kathy Pattenaude, reported to the Board that the elementary school ranks in the top 3% in Math and the top 8% in English/Language Arts in the state. The Board also heard from the Dieterich Sportsbackers regarding an update on all organization activities and the ball field surface projects.
Additional moves taken at the Dieterich School Board meeting includes:
- approval on an inter-governmental agreement with ROE #3 for alternative school placements
- approval of two facility use requests: the St Paul, St John, and Grace Lutheran Churches’ Annual Easter Service on April 1st and the Christs Church Easter Service on March 31st
- instructed Superintendent Jackson to seek bids for food service management
- granted use of the school name and mascot to the newly formed Trap Shooting Club
- approved technology upgrades
- renewed Scott Kocher’s contract as the Jr/Sr High School Principal with a 2.5% raise in salary
- hired Jeff Overbeck as Assistant High School Softball Coach, hired Kristen Allen as High School JV Volleyball Coach, and accepted resignation from HS Dance Coach, Jenna Ervin,