Photo Courtesy of Lake Land College
Effingham, Il – This past monday David Seiler had filed papers in Springfield in order to become a candidate for the democratic party nomination for State Representative Distrist 107.
Seiler shared his remarks in the time before he filed for candidacy:
“During this last month, of gathering signatures, I heard over and over that springfield needs a return of common sense.”
“My life experiences can help with that cause.”
“As a native of Effingham County and a career educator, I have an understanding of how to find and build consensus on the difficult issues that face us.
In order to contact Seiler please visit his Facebook Page.
Facts about David Seiler:
- Lifelong resident of Effingham County
- Grew up outside of Shumway and currently lives in Effingham
- Son of Kenny, and Marian (Waldhoff) Seiler
- Graduated from
- Beecher City Community High School (Class of 1983)
- Lake Land College (AS- 1985)
- Eastern Illinois University (BA- 1987; MA 1996)
- Indiana State University (PhD 2017)
- Married to Wife Susan with 3 children
- Career Educator 12 Years Teaching High School Government and History, and currently at 18th year teaching History at Lake Land College
- Former Chairman of the Effingham County Democratic Central Committee (2000-2006)
- Former member of Effingham Public Library Board (2003-2009)
Seiler is also active with numerous local and state education organizations
Press Release courtesy of David Seiler for 107th