Charleston, Il – Upon receiving a call Wednesday night first responders went to Eastern Illinois University Campus and found a structure fire coming from Douglas Hall.
According to the published press release from Coles-Moultrie County 911 they arrived on scene at 7:33 p.m.
They continued on to state the cause of the fire was from “maintenance personnel working on the HVAC system in the attic when an electrical motor sparked to causing the insulation to catch fire.”
At the initial point of the fire maitenance Personnel attempted to extinguish the flames using a fire extinguisher.
First responders put the fire out with water cans, and found that after the fire was out that there was no damage done to the structure of the building.
WAND reported, “maintenance workers had to scoop out burning insulation for safety.”
There were no reported injuries and students were allowed back into the building around 9 pm.
Full Press Release: