Effingham County Sheriff’s Department
- 26 Year-old Patrick A. Williams of Mattoon Il was arrested by the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department for failure to appear on an original warrant for obstruction of justice in Effingham, County. Wiilliams is in jail.
- 36 Year-old Aaron L. Gillespie of Glenwood, IA was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for burglary. Gillespie is in jail.
- 23 Year-old Nathan K. Taylor of Effingham was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for possession of drug paraphernalia. Taylor posted $150.
- 24 Year-old Anthony R. Duprey of Georgetown was arrested for forgery. Duprey is in jail.
- 28 Hui Zhang of Jackson, GA was arrested by the Illinois State Police for receiving stolen property, and speeding. Zhang is currently in Jail.
Effingham County Police
November 13, 2017
- At 6:55 A.M. at the intersection of 3rd and Evergreen a vehicle driven by Richard P. Rieman, 84, Teutopolis, struck a deer which then caused a vehicle driven by Samantha J. Lofton, 29, Effingham, to strike the deer. No injuries and no citations.
- At 11:30 A.M. at the intersection of 3rd and Washington an unknown vehicle pulled into the path of a vehicle driven by Denise I. Childress, 58, Beecher City. No injuries and no citations.
November 14, 2017
- At 7:51 A.M. at the intersection of Linden and Edgar a vehicle driven by Dana F. Scott, 58, Effingham, struck a vehicle driven by Claudia L. Rico-Gonzalez, 31, Effingham. Three passengers in the Rico-Gonzalez were injured and transported by ambulance to HSHS St. Anthony Memorial Hospital. Scott was cited for Failure to Yield at an Intersection.
November 14, 2017
- John T. Caldwell, 30, of Mason was cited for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Fahmi A. Bahour, 43, of Brandon, FL was cited for Following too close
- Becky S. Pizzo, 45, of Tower Hill was cited for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Taylor K. Nathan 23, of Effingham was cited for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Coles County Sheriff’s Department
November 3, 2017
- The Clay County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a motor vehicle accident at 3:24 p.m. 1/4 mile east of the intersection Highway 50 and Mayflower. Apparently Kevin T. Johnson, 35, Barnhill, Illinois, was operating a 2006 GMC pickup truck, travelling west on Hwy 50, slowed for a vehicle in front of him and was struck from behind by a 1997 Ford Truck operated by Chase Runyon, 22, Noble. Runyon then left the scene. Runyon was cited for Improper Lighting, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle and Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident. He was given a Notice to Appear and released. No injuries reported.
November 6, 2017
- Daisy Sherman, 21, Flora, was arrested on an outstanding Clay County warrant for Failure to Appear on the original charge of Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine. Bond set at $12,000.00 (10%), plus $75.00 warrant fee. She is currently incarcerated in the Clay County Jail.
November 9, 2017
- Clay County Sheriff’s Deputy arrested Shane Horsley, 44, Flora, on an outstanding Clay County warrant for Failure to Appear on the original charge of D.U.I. Bond set at $3,000.00 (10%), plus $75.00 warrant fee. He posted bond and was released.
November 11, 2017
- Clay County Sheriff’s Deputy arrested Cole Trinkle, 27, Flora, for Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Peace Office and Improper Lane Usage. He was given a Notice to Appear and released.
- Michael J. Cooley, 52, Xenia, was arrested on an outstanding Clay County warrant for Aggravated D.U.I. Bond set at $10,000.00 (10%). He posted bond and was released.
November 15, 2017
- Clay County Sheriff’s Deputy arrested Kaci Thompson, 28, Clay City, for Violation of Order of Protection and Residential Burglary. She is currently incarcerated in the Clay County Jail awaiting the setting of bond.
November 13, 2017
- Clay County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a motor vehicle accident at 7:06 p.m. at the intersection of Camelia Road and U.S. Hwy 45/50. Apparently Bruce N. Brown, 59, Flora, operating a 2003 Cadillac was travelling north on Camelia Road when he failed to stop at the intersection, striking the stop sign and road signs. No injuries reported.
ALL INDIVIDUALS LISTED AS ARRESTED OR ISSUED A CITATION ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW