Effingham County Sheriff’s Department
November 3, 2017
- 19 Year-old Trystan M.A. Elam of Evansville, In was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for driving with a suspended license, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Elam posted $150.
- 55 Year-old Larry J Rine of Effingham was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for DWLR, andoperating an uninsured vehicle. Rine is currently in jail.
- 48 Year-old Troyt A. Cox of Effingham was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for an original warrant of unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon. Cox posted $750.
- 22 Year-old Ryan P Naleck of Beecher City was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for failure to appear in court on an original warrant of battery. Naleck posted $375
- 57 Year-old David E Rhoades of Mason was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for DWLR and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Rhoades posted $150.
- 73 Year-old Jimmy D. Winchester of Effingham was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for Driving under the influence of alcohol, and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Winchester posted $100.
- 40 Year-old Kathleen A Finton of Mattoon was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department for failure to appear on an original warrant of cannabis (less than 2.5 grams). Finton is currently in Jail.
Effingham Police Department
November 1, 2017
- At 4:36 P.M. south of the intersection of Keller and Ave of Mid America a vehicle driven by Wanda S. Brooks, 64, Shelbyville, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Janice F. Wear, 65, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
- At 6:21 P.M. at the intersection of Banker and Eiche a vehicle driven by Eric W. Lewis, 40, Tower Hill, collided with a vehicle driven by Kevin L. Weber, 61, Teutopolis. No injuries. Lewis was ticketed for Driving While License Suspended and Failure to Yield.
- At 6:44 P.M. at 1702 W. Evergreen a semi driven by Aboi Ibrahim Muse, 46, Columbus, OH, struck a semi driven by Elmer E. Sandoval, Laredo, TX. No injuries and no citations.
- At 7:28 P.M. at 1701 W. Evergreen an unknown semi struck a parked semi owned by All Truck’d Up Again, Inc, Ocala, FL. No injuries and no citations at this time.
November 2, 2017
- At 6:35 A.M. at the intersection of W. Fayette and the I57 NB/I70 EB Exit Ramp a vehicle driven by Joshua M. Kuenstler, 37, Altamont, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Alyssa E. Murfin, 28, Kinmundy. No injuries and no citations.
- At 9:29 A.M. at the intersection of Keller and Ave of Mid America a vehicle driven by Daniel J. Bushue, 72, Effingham, pulled into the path of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Matthew W. Shumard, 41, Stewardson. No injuries. Bushue was ticketed for Disobeying Traffic Control Device.
- At 10:20 A.M. east of the intersection of Fayette and Outer Belt West a vehicle driven by Jennifer L. Day, 30, Cowden, collided with an unknown semi. No injuries and no citations.
- At 1:45 P.M. east of the intersection of Fayette and Fayette Frontage Road a vehicle driven by Kelly Yarbough, 32, Effingham, pulled into the path of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Patsy D. Black, 59, Shumway. Both drivers sustained injuries; Black refused treatment and Yarbough was transported by ambulance to HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital for treatment. Yarbough was ticketed for Failure to Yield.
- At 4:15 P.M. north of the intersection of Keller and Temple a vehicle driven by Makayla R. Osmond, 19, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Joyce A. Heurman, 74, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
November 1, 2017
- 22 Year-old Jayasanthosh Ankathi of Effingham was cited by Effingham Police Department for driving without a valid license.
Shelby County Sheriff’s Department
October 7, 2017
- Jeffery G. Sparks, 43, of Tower Hill was arrested for DUI, and Illegal transportation of alcohol after he drove his car into a ditch on route 16 near Huron St. in Tower Hill. Sparks was transported to the Shelby County Detention Center for processing and was release after posting bond.
- Brian J. Gray, 31, of Shelbyville was arrested for improper lane usage and DUI for operating a 2010 Ford under the influence of alcohol on CR 1500E at CR 400N. He was taken to the Shelby County Detention Center for processing and was released after posting bond.
October 11, 2017
- Al L Davis, 54, of Tower Hill was arrested for reckless discharge of a firearm with no valid FOID card and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon. Davis discharged a firearm 6 times within the village limits of Tower Hill. Davis remains incarcerated in the Shelby County Detention Center.
October 27, 2017
- Following a complaint from a resident of Herrick against persons who were refusing to leave his home, Jennifer L Jones, 38, of Pana was arrested for providing false information to a Shelby County Deputy in an attempt to conceal her identity as she was wanted on a warrant from Christian County.
October 28, 2017
- Rhett M. Ward, 22, of Herrick was arrested for theft over $500 following a signed complaint where it is reported Ward took a car without the permission of the owener. Ward was incarcerated awaiting a fir appearance in court.
All individuals listed as arrested or issued a citation are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law