Applications are currently being accepted by the Effingham Police Department for Lateral Entry Recruit Patrolmen. Applicants must have two (2) years full-time sworn experience in the State of Illinois and shall have been certified through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Lateral Entry Benefits:
- Annual salary of $52,258.70 for hire date prior to 4/30/18 with two (2) years of full-time police service in the State of Illinois
- Choice of Traditional or HSA Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Two (2) personal days per year
- 12 sick days earned per year
- 80 hours vacation
- Clothing and equipment allowance ($550 per year)
- Life Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Cafeteria or “125 Employee Benefit” Plan
- Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association Plan (VEBA)
- Take home vehicle, if residency in City limits
Applications may be found on the City website www.effinghamil.com or be requested in person at the Police Department. Applications may be mailed or returned in person, and all applications must be received by the Office of the Chief of Police, Effingham Police Department, no later than November 30, 2017, at 4:00 P.M.
***Press release courtesy of the Effingham Police Department***