The American Red Cross recently released safety tips for the upcoming Independence Day weekend.
As millions of people will be traveling for Independence Day, the Red Cross suggests following these tips for highway safety.
- Buckle seat belts
- Observe speed limits
- Drive sober
- Don’t drive while distracted
- Use caution in construction/work zones
- Clean your vehicle’s lights and windows to increase visibility.
Since a big part of Independence Day celebrations is the fireworks. While the best way to view fireworks is watch a show put on by professionals, the Red Cross suggests following these tips if lighting off fireworks at home.
- Never give fireworks to children
- Follow all instructions
- Keep a supply of water close by
- If lighting off fireworks, wear protective eye gear
- Light only one firework at a time
- Never throw or point fireworks at people, animals, vehicles, structures, or flammables
Many enjoy grilling during Independence Day. Follow these tips for a safe way to enjoy great treats.
- Always supervise the grill
- Never grill indoors
- Make sure everyone stays away from the grill
- Make sure grill is in an open area
- Use long-handled grilling tools
The American Red Cross wants to ensure that everyone has a safe Independence Day.