The recipients of the 2017 Chamber Foundation Community Scholarship were recently announced.
On Friday, June 2nd a luncheon was held in honor of the scholarship recipients. The Chamber Foundation awarded ten scholarships to both graduating high school seniors and adults. Additionally four Chamber members awarded exclusive scholarships, J&J Ventures Gaming LLC, BK Resources, Siemer Milling Company, and First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust.
The recipients are as follows:
J&J Ventures Gaming LLC Exclusive Scholarship:
- Claire Niebrugge, of Effingham is attending Missouri State University to major in Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
- Reed Hardiek, of Teutopolis is attending Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville to major in Mechanical Engineering
- Kaitlin Cordes, of Effingham is attending Eastern Illinois University to major in Journalism
- Drew Gibson from St Anthony High School will attend the University of Illinois to major in Business
BK Resources Exclusive Scholarship
- Abigail Barr from Effingham High School will attend Indiana State University to major in Social Work
Siemer Milling Company Exclusive Scholarship
- Natalie Summers from Teutopolis High School will attend Olney Central College to major in Radiology.
First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust Exclusive Scholarship
- Sasha Althoff, of Effingham is attending Eastern Illinois University to obtain a Masters in Public Administration.
Chamber Foundation Community Scholarship
- Harrison Smith from Effingham High School will attend Notre Dame to major in Biology.
- Morgan Deters of Teutopolis is attending Maryville University to major in Physical Therapy
- Ellie Buening, of Effingham is attending Maryville University to obtain a Bachelors in Psychology and a Masters in Occupational Therapy.
The Chamber Community Scholarship has awarded over $186,000 to 149 residents over the past 21 years.
(Pictured: Kaitlin Cordes, Sasha Althoff, Abigail Barr, Ellie Buening, Claire Niebrugge, Harrison Smith, Drew Gibson, Natalie Summers, and Morgan Deters. Photo courtesy of the Effingham County Chamber of Commerce)