The City of Effingham’s Emergency Management Agency released tips for dealing with the high heat indices this week. They are encouraging residents to follow these tips and take precautions when going out into the high heat.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of fluid daily.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and caffeine
- Avoid Overexertion and strenuous outdoor activities
- Check on elderly family members and friends
- Provide pets with extra water and shade
- If you or someone near you experiences dizziness, headache, confusion, and a rapid pulse, seek medical attention immediately. These could be symptoms of a heatstroke.