Effingham County Jail
May 10, 2017
- 20 year old, Jarvis H. Brown, of Centralia was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County juvenile failure to appear/pay warrant for receiving/possession/selling of a stolen vehicle. Brown posted $275.
- 53 year old, Bradley D. Buzzard, of Beecher City was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County original warrant for deceptive practices. Buzzard posted $500.
- 35 year old, Michael W. Bussell, of Dieterich was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County mittimus for driving while license is revoked.
- 26 year old, Dustin M. Plumb, of Stewardson was arrested by the Effingham Police Department was arrested for driving while under the influence drugs, reckless driving, improper lane usage, a civil charge of possession of cannabis, and a civil charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. Plumb posted $300.
- 58 year old, Keech C. Griffin, of Altamont was arrested by the Altamont Police Department for domestic battery.
- 25 year old, Brooke R. Ixtepan, of Stewardson was arrested by the Effingham Police Department for driving while under the influence of alcohol.
Effingham Police Department
May 6, 2017
- At 6:42pm at 114 S 4th, and unknown vehicle backed into a parked vehicle owned by Jessica McDevitt, of Effingham. No injuries or citations were reported at this time.
May 10, 2017
- At 11:56am north of the intersection of Keller and I-57 and I-70, a vehicle driven by 39 year old, Katherine S. Nuxoll, of Effingham struck a vehicle driven by 61 year old, Phillip E. Brown, of Tolono. No injuries were reported. Nuxoll was ticketed for failure to yield.
May 10, 2017
- 25 year old, Brooke R. Ixtepan, of Stewardson was cited for driving while under the influence.
- Police are investigating criminal damage to property that occurred to an outbuilding that is owned by First Christian Church at 901 N. Henrietta. The damage occurred sometime before 8:15pm on Wednesday, May 10th. An exterior door to the building procured $150 in damage.
Mattoon Police Department
- 54 year old, Susan E. Sayers, homeless was arrested on May 10th in the 2100 block of Champaign Ave. for criminal trespass to property. Sayers was allegedly at Gaines Apartments where she had been previously banned. She was currently out on Bond for a previous charge of criminal trespass to the same property. Bond conditions stated that she not return to the property.
- 30 year old, Tywan M. Stringer, of Mattoon was arrested on May 11th in the 2200 block of Richmond Ave. Stringer was wanted on two Coles County failure to appear warrants for domestic battery and driving while license is suspended. He fled from police on foot but was found in the attic of his residence. He is being held on a no Bond warrant for domestic battery.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.