Effingham County Jail
May 8, 2017
- 29 year old, Joseph M. Finley, of Charleston was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County original warrant for possession of a controlled substance. Finley posted $1,000.
May 9, 2017
- 24 year old, Alexander B. Shanks, of Virden was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County failure to appear warrant for possession of a firearm without a FOID card.
Effingham Police Department
May 4, 2017
- At 2:08pm at the intersection of Fayette and Willow, a vehicle driven by 46 year old, Michael R. Love, of Effingham rear-ended a vehicle driven by 28 year old, Chad M. Bushue, of Effingham. No injuries or citations were reported.
May 7, 2017
- 29 year old, Shawn R. Durbin, of Effingham was cited for possession of Methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 20 year old. Ryan A. Harris, of Effingham was cited for driving while license is suspended.
- Police are investigating criminal damage that occurred to a vehicle while it was parked in a driveway in the 500 block of W. Clark between the hours of 6:30pm and 10:45pm on May 8th. The two passenger side tires of the vehicle sustained damage in the amount of $75 each.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law.