EFFINGHAM — The Effingham Fire Department responded to an attic fire that started with a vent fan in a bathroom at Stanfield Chiropractic Tuesday morning.
The fire started with the fan, but spread up a roof truss into the attic of the building located in the 400 block of West Jefferson Avenue in Effingham.
Fire Chief Joe Holomy said the majority of the damage occurred to the bathroom with minor damage to the attic and roof. There was one minor injury, however that individual was treated on scene and released.
Damage is estimated at around $5,000.