Cromwell Radio Group: Effingham, IL Market
(WCRC, WCRA, JACK FM, The Game)
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
The Cromwell Group, Inc.- is a privately held company with its corporate office in Nashville, Tennessee. The company manages affiliates operating 28 radio stations (6 AM and 22 FM) in five markets (Decatur (7), Effingham (4), Mattoon (4), Vandalia (2), Owensboro/Tell City (7), Nashville (4), in four states (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee). CGI also operates the 30 affiliate Cromwell Ag Network.
The Illinois and Tennessee markets became part of the group in 1989 and 1990. Since that time, as federal laws have permitted, the number of stations in each of our markets has been expanded to three or more. It is our intention to attempt to increase our exposure in each market to the extent the law allows to insure increasing opportunity as our competition and technology changes.
We produce original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms. According to the Radio Advertising Bureau, 93% of adults tune into radio each week.
Cromwell Radio Group, Effingham Illinois Market is looking for seasoned sales and marketing professionals to join our team! In this role, you will develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can prospect; develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, referrals from existing clients, and have an innovative approach to client development. The successful seller will create programs that include sponsorship’s, digital solutions and on air radio campaigns. Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment – this job is the opportunity for you!
• Contact prospective customers to sell radio time for broadcasting station.
• Maintain account lists and soliciting new business.
• Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
• Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
• Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
• Attend sales meetings, training sessions
Required: Sales and marketing experience preferred, but not required. The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. You must be a hunter. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have.
• High school graduate; college preferred.
• Prior experience in sales/marketing preferred.
• Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Email your resume to Sheila Myers, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off at 405 South Banker St., Suite 201 in Effingham. Equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.