The Teutopolis Board of Education stamped out a clearer direction on what they plan to use revenue from the proposed schools facilities tax on at their meeting Monday night. The resolution provides provisions that the funds would be committed for future construction, namely the demolition and replacement of the 1929 portion of THS, the abatement of property taxes to pay for bond debt at 50% until it has been paid in full, and to save for future maintenance. The decision to demolish the 1929 section of THS comes after the costs of maintaining the building have been mounting over the years. Additionally, the 1929 portion is not entirely ADA accessible. The Board will hold an open house at THS this Sunday from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
In other action, the Board:
- Approved a new three-year contract for Superintendent Bill Fritcher.
- Approved wage increases for principals, Unit Office staff, the Transportation Director, Technology Director, and staff not represented by the TESPA for the 2017-2018 School Year.
- Renewed the District’s IHSA membership.
- Approved the Summer Library Program on Tuesdays from 8:30-11:30 a.m. from May 30-July 25.
- Approved the 2017-18 Holiday calendar for 12 month employees.