The Altamont Board of Education approved several infrastructure improvements at Monday night’s meeting. One item was $154,316 for 10-year required Health Life-Safety work in the district. Those funds will be bonded out following a meeting set to begin at 6:45 p.m. on April 10th prior to the regular board meeting.
Also approved was a Grade School playground renovation for a cost of $316,256.00. Additionally, a replacement of a portion of the Grade School roof was approved at the cost of $24,000, not to exceed $25,000. The roof was damaged in the March 6th storms.
Other action Monday night included:
- Approval of a 2nd reading of Board Policy Amendment.
- Authorized the Superintendent to advertise for a District Technology Integration Specialist.
- Approved an Overnight Volleyball Tournament.
- Authorized the Superintendent to seek bids for bread and milk for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Set a special meeting date and time for seating newly elected Board members on May 1st, 2017 at 7 PM.