Effingham County Jail Bookings – March 12, 2017:
- 37 year old Jose Luis Lasanta Torres, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, was arrested by the Illinois State Police and charged with Driving While Licence Suspended and Speeding (84 in a 70 zone). Bond of $150 was posted.
- 24 year old Danyell Alexandria Erwin, of Effingham, was arrested by the Effingham Police Department and charged with Assault. Bond of $150 was posted.
Effingham Police Department:
March 10, 2017:
- At 9:20 A.M. at 1303 W. Evergreen a vehicle driven by Elaine M. Braun, 33, Newton, backed into a car driven by Retta A. Ruholl, 70, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
- At 11:38 A.M. at the intersection of Keller and Evergreen a vehicle driven by Denise M. Holman, 51, Altamont, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Jessica R. Wesselman, 31, Effingham. No injuries and no citations.
- At 11:40 A.M. at 908 N. Keller an unknown vehicle backed into and knocked over pedestrian Justine R. Reyes, 31, Dieterich, who was kneeling in the parking lot while cleaning up glass. No injuries and no citations at this time.
- At 12:23 P.M. on the Keller Drive Overpass a vehicle driven by Steven E. Cearlock, 40, Vandalia, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Helen M. M. Walker, 85, Effingham. No injuries. Cearlock was ticketed for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident.
- At 4:26 P.M. at 1201 N. Keller a vehicle driven by Marisha D. Torres, 16, St. Elmo, pulled into the path of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Alyssa L. Marshall, 19, Newton. No injuries. Torres was ticketed for Failure to Yield. Marshall was ticketed for Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.
March 11, 2017:
- At 3:59 P.M. at the intersection of Temple and Keller a vehicle driven by Lacey D. Spicer, 21, Altamont, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Joan G. Epperson, 75, Beavercreek, OH. Epperson sustained injuries but refused treatment. No citations.
March 10, 2017:
- Anthony D. Foote, 21, Watson
- Disorderly Conduct
- Jason M. Carroll, 28, North Augusta, SC
- Driving While License Suspended
- Burglary from a motor vehicle occurred while parked in the 900th block of N. Parkview between 1:30 P.M. 3/1/17 and 1:28 P.M. 3/10/17. Stolen was a carpet box containing 2 subs and an amplifier. The total estimated loss is $1,250.00.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.