Effingham County Jail Bookings – February 28, 2017:
- 34 year old Crystal D. Biggs, of Montrose, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County Mittimus for a 30 day sentence.
- 32 year old Melissa S. Cordova, of Elgin, IL, was arrested by the Illinois State Police on a Henry Co. Indiana warrant for Theft and use of Vehicle in Other Crime.
- 20 year old James M. Smith, of Yale, IL, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department and charged with No Valid Driver’s Licence. Smith was given notice to appear.
- 26 year old Kylee K. Thompson, of Ridgefarm, IL, was arrested by the Effingham County Sheriff’s Department on an Effingham County warrant for failure to appear on Possession of Methamphetamine less than five grams.
- 45 year old David E. Martin, of Joplin, Missouri, was transported to the Effingham County Jail on an Effingham County warrant PTR for Violation of Order/Prior Domestic Battery.
Effingham Police Department
February 27, 2017:
- At 4:36 P.M. at 1204 Ave of Mid America a semi driven by Jocelyn Bourbeau, 57, Sainte-Sophie, Quebec, Canada, sideswiped a parked semI owned by Western Express Inc., Nashville, TN. No injuries and no citations.
February 28, 2017:
- At 12:43 P.M. at the intersection of Jefferson and Walnut a vehicle driven by Michael J. E. Habing, 30, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by James B. Buening, 31, Teutopolis. No injuries and no citations.
- At 2:56 P.M. at the intersection of Banker and Hoffman a vehicle driven by Bobbie J. Cox, 35, Effingham, pulled in front of and was struck by a vehicle driven by Bonnie L. Jayne, 52, Edgewood. No injuries. Cox was ticketed for Failure to Yield.
- At 3:11 P.M. north of the intersection of Banker and Elm a vehicle driven by Autumn R. Placek, 18, Effingham, rear-ended a vehicle driven by Andrea N. Glover, 30, Effingham. Placek sustained injuries but refused treatment. Placek was ticketed for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident.
- At 7:36 P.M. at 1204 Ave of Mid America an unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle owned by Megan R. Cole, 28, Altamont. No injuries and no citations at this time.
- At 9:08 P.M. at 1905 W. National a vehicle driven by Casandra J. Sparling, 30, Effingham, struck a rock in the roadway, causing damage to the vehicle. No injuries and no citations.
February 28, 2017:
- Lorenzo Arrez, 48, Effingham
- No Valid Driver’s License
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- John A. McCormick, 24, Shumway
- Driving While License Suspended
March 1, 2017:
- Keisha D. Cullum, 23, Centralia
- Disobeying Traffic Control Device
- Bureau of Criminal Investigations
- Theft of an undetermined amount of cash occurred from two video gaming machines owned by Prairie State Gaming, Effingham, at TA Truckstop, 1702 W. Evergreen, on 2/27/17 between 6:22 A.M. and 6:35 A.M.
- Criminal damage to property occurred on 2/27/17 between 6:30 P.M. and 9:00 P.M. to a residence in the 400th block of N. Merchant. A window screen sustained $30.00 damage during the incident.
All persons listed are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.